You need to know a few things before you can get to the point (pun intended) adental implantCost.
Like it or not, where you live affects the cost of a dental implant. This procedure will cost a lot more in a place like San Francisco than, say, California City. Major cities in different states (e.g. Los Angeles and Orlando) will also have different prices for dental implants.
The average cost of a dental implant depends on how much you get,Whereimplants and materials used.Yourdentist experiencealso plays a role. Oral surgeons may charge even more if their specialty is dental implants.
But don't worry, we'll go through all the options. We can even show you some trickswhere can youreddenmoney!
RELATED:HOW CAN I REPAIR TEETH WITHOUT MONEY?
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a permanent replacement for a missing or damaged tooth.
These kinds of problems are more common than you might think. There are178 million Americansis missing at least one tooth. You may even belong to a group40 million Americanswhich are missingattheir teeth.
To see? You are not alone.
And while you may be looking for something more cost-effective like dentures, dental implants are worth the price given their durability and functionality.
Dental Implants vs Dentures
Why do some people choose dentures over implants?
On the one hand, dentures are cheaper. Made of plastic or resin, dentures are custom made to fit your mouth. You can get full dentures to replace all of your teeth, which is ideal if you've lost a significant portion of your teeth.
Partiallyare another option. They are similar to retainers in how they feel and how they are made. Both are made of a wire base that can be inserted and removed in the mouth. The difference is that a partial one fills in the gaps in the mouth with the missing teeth (usually just a few in the front).
They only take dentures3 weeks to 3 monthsfrom the beginning to the end. On the other hand, dental implants can hold up3-18 monthschange your smile completely. And while the cost of a dental implant is much higher than the cost of a prosthesis,implants can last up to 20 years. You should replace your dentures approximately every 5 years.
Dentures can be as low as$600 to $5,000.It all depends on the dentist, location and materials used.
Dental Implant vs Bridge
We couldI recommend the bridgeinstead of a dental implant if the other teeth are relatively healthy.
A bridge basically consists of placing dental trays over two teeth on either side of the missing tooth. They act as 'anchors'. The third tooth is placed in the center to fill the gap, effectively creating a bridge.
The bridge can survive10 latas long as you're goodroutine oral hygiene.The average cost of a bridge in California is approx$1,500 to $5,000.
A dental implant essentially replaces the way the tooth is anchored in the mouth. Instead of roots and nerves, we will make an anchor using a bolt and a durable nut. The bridge uses yoursexistingteeth to anchor the caps in place. So if you need a bone graft or have gum disease, a bridge is not the solution for you.
RELATED:WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AESTHETIC DENTISTRY IN LOS ANGELES
How much does a dental implant cost?
As you read earlier, your dentist's experience, location, and oral health all affect the cost. For example, the price goes up if you need multiple implants or tooth extractions or if you need additional services, such as a bone graft. The latter guarantees the longevity of dental implants if you have a weak jaw bone structure.
However, there are 5 things that anyone getting a dental implant will have to pay for:
- Computed tomography:These 3D scans are essential for the dentist to determine whether bone grafts or root canal treatment are needed. Typical3D dental scans cost $350-$600 per session.But inLasry Dental Clinic in Californië,are freefor patients with dental implants.
- Tooth extraction:Tooth extraction can cost between $75 and $600. However, your insurance may cover some of these costs for you.Read more about the cost of tooth extraction here.
- Implant:The implant itself costs about $1,000. This applies to the fixed steel rod and the tableware itself. You can also pay for anesthesia.
- Bridgehead:Your dentist puts on this little capto softenafter implant placement to give your gums and mouth time to heal. To find out more aboutdental implant procedure, you can read our guideHere.
- Crown:Average pricea dental crown costs between €300 and €2500, depending on the material used.Again, your insurance may cover some of this for you.
Dental Implant Costs in California
The Lasra dental clinic is located in Los Angeles, California. So if you're looking for the average cost of dental implants in California, you've come to the right place!
The average cost of dental implants in Los Angeles, California ranges from $2,000 to $80,000.
OfThe price of $2000 is for a single plant,iThe $80,000 service includes:complete reconstruction of the oral cavity.
Keep in mind that the national average cost for full mouth implants is about $35,000. Between this average and the highest price for a dental implant in California, a Beverly Hills resident could pay about $50,000 for full implants.
RELATED:HOW TO TELL WHICH DENTIST IN Beverly Hills to Trust
Does the insurance cover dental implants?
Dental insurance may label this service as "cosmetic," meaning it doesn't cover the entire procedure.
However, your insurance usually also covers other services required for a dental implant (such as a tooth extraction, root canal or crown). This can drastically reduce overall costsyour implants.
This is how you know how much your insurance reimburses:
- Step 1: Get a full assessment from your dentist for a treatment plan.
- Step 2: Your dentist can determine which services are and are not covered in your plan. Your complete treatment plan should include a price for each step of the procedure and a final price.
- Step 3: Talk to your dentist about the payment plan or CareCredit options.
Here's how much it costs to go to the dentist without insurance.
Dental implant payment plan options
However, not everyone has $3,000 to spare. Is a payment plan possible?
First, dental insurance may cover part of the cost of the implant. Check with your provider to see if they cover basic services like tooth extractions and crowns. From there, you can determine out of pocket what the final payment will be.
If you still feel like you can't cover everythingdental implantcosts, ask your dentist about the options for a payment plan. If you don't have dental insurance, you can continue to receive dental care through options such as Care Credit.
Read more about how much a visit to the dentist costshere without insurance.
Why dental implants are worth the price
See this post on Instagram
Let's calculate it. You still want the bestaccessibleoption right?
- false teeth:If you opt for dentures, you should replace them every 5 years. Suppose you are 50 years old and replace your dentures every 5 years until you are 80. However, using the lowest price ($600) dentures isLifetime cost $3,600.
However, suppose you are looking for a permanent and permanent solution. The first option could be:
- Most:Again, a 50-year-old who needs to replace a $1500 bridge every 10 years is looking atlifetime cost of $4,500.
Or if you want:
- Complete dental implant: The cost of a dental implant is (lowest)$ 3.000.Not only are they a permanent option, they are also the cheapest over a 30-year period.
RELATED:COMPOSITE ADHESIVE COSTS, PROCEDURE AND RESULTS
So what can you get out of it? The average cost of a dental implant is about $3,000. If you think of it as a one-time investment, this is by far the best option.
However, we would like to emphasize once again that the cost depends on many things. If you don't need a bone graft, it will be hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars cheaper. Similarly, a single dental implant costs less thanreconstruction of full lipswhich can cost up to $30,000. The cost of 3D scanning is also included in the final price.